BOOK 3 RULES FOR IDO DANCE DISCIPLINES
2.8. B DISCO SHOW
The categories of Disco Show are: Group, Formation.
Age Divisions see in General Provisions in Street Dance Disciplines.
SCENIC SET UP AND BREAK DOWN
Scenic backgrounds and floor props must take no longer than 15 seconds to set up and 15 seconds to carry it away in Solo and Duo entries.
Groups will be allowed 25 seconds and Formations will be allowed 45 seconds to set up and 45 seconds to take it off the stage.
Time will begin as soon as the first piece of scenic material touches the stage and in taking it off, as soon as the last piece is off the stage.
This rule applies to all Street dance show disciplines.
Dancers have to carry the props in one trip, on and off
1. Duration of Performance: 2:30 minutes minimum – 3:00 minutes maximum (150 - 180 seconds)
2. MUSIC: Dancers dance to their own music. No limits. Music genre needs to support the choreography that has to be done 100% in Disco disciplines as presented in the rulebook.
3. Characteristics and Movements:
- Performed technique must be within character of dance technique that is listed in the rules under IDO Street dance department: Disco Dance and Disco Free Style
-All pieces MUST have a show case, theme or idea that MUST be clearly visible throughout the whole performance.
NOTE: Musicality, variety of dance and dance patterns, originality, together with a well-done and well performed stage and individual/ORIGINAL choreography will be highly evaluated. It is very important to present harmony of idea, music, dance, choreography, costumes and props. Presentation and the entire image will be evaluated.
In Children’s division
a. Any kind of jumps from props at the height of more than 1 m is prohibited (jumps from props can be equally dangerous as lifts).
b. Dangerous (Break) Acrobatics are not allowed (head spins, head slides,).
4. Lifts: permitted as outlined under General Provisions of Street Dance Disciplines.
NOTE: Lifts are not permitted in Children age division.
5.Acrobatic Movements: permitted as outlined under General Provisions of Street Dance Disciplines.
Any floor gymnastic combinations that are composed of more than three (3) acrobatic elements should be kept to a minimum. (see in General Rules restriction for Children, p. 61 )
6. Props: permitted as outlined under General Provisions of Street Dance Disciplines. One solid piece must not exceed the dimensions of a standard door (200x80 cm). In case of bigger size of props the team needs to contact the Organizer prior to the event (no later than 14 days before the beginning of the competition)
7. The dancers in the Group dance together. Group will be evaluated as a whole. Solo parts may be performed, but should not dominate.
1. Duration of Performance: 2:30 minutes minimum – 4:00 minutes maximum. Children Formations maximum three (3) minutes
2. MUSIC: Dancers dance to their own music. No limits. Music genre needs to support the choreography that has to be done 100% in disco disciplines as presented in the rulebook.
3.- 6. SEE rules for Disco Show GROUPS
7. The dancers in the Formation dance together. Formation will be evaluated as a whole. Solo parts may be performed, but should not dominate.
(ADM 2017, Implementation 1.1.2018, no change possible before 2021)